Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Sidecar Project

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Sidecar Project

Postby stevewarden0 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum and the site!

I would like to get back into sidecar racing - I last raced in the UK in 1977 on a Triumph unit with a reversed head and a 4 speed box (built from an oil leak up)...

What I would like to find is a project outfit - engine not important - do these ever come up or does anybody have one without it meaning me having to selling a kidney.

Many thanks

Steve
stevewarden0

Re: Sidecar Project

Postby Dave M » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Steve, welcome to the site. We have a very active vintage sidecar community within the VRRA, probably the largest group in North America. There hasn't been much discussion on this forum lately but don't judge the level of enthusiasm by that. Periodically rigs come up for sale, there are at least a couple of turnkey units available (see adds listed earlier).

Most of the rigs run in the Period 2 class and we also have a few Period 3's. Period 2 units run predominantly Yamaha 650 twins, Triumph 650 twins or BMW twins.

Not sure if you are in the area but we will have 2 units at the bike show on Jan.8-10 at the International Centre. Stop by if you have a chance or if you have any other questions, fire away and we'll do our best to answer them here.

Dave
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars