Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

sidecar screens and mold

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

sidecar screens and mold

Postby paul whittaker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Both screens and the mold are spoken for. Paul.

I have two full bubbles at $180 each. Cut in two they make a set for nose and full fairing. (Ron Brooks fi/glass only).
Also the vacuum mold is up for grabs at $100 Canus Plastics in Ottawa have been making these for the last 12 years. I sheet of 4X8 Lexan, Cobex, acrylic etc makes 3 bubbles. Paul. 613 474 2941
Last edited by paul whittaker on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Re: sidecar screens and mold

Postby Malcolm Lake » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Are the bubbles you have lexan? If so put me done for one, if not I'll still consider it.

Cheers!

Malcolm
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby tintop » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 pm

I'll take the other one Paul, lexan or not. Need something that's clearer than the current one, so I can watch Malcolm & Jan disappear longer. :lol: :lol:
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:01 am

OK both screens gone. Anyone want he mold ? ................... More than a $100 in plywood (it has to be able to take a fairly strong vacuum without distortion). Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am

I don't why I'm posting this because car sales are flat and I have no money, but can we keep the mold at Canus and just order from them as we need? Assuming we buy it from you of course.
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Mal, Canus will not accept responsibility and use their space to store a large box that is put to use for 1hr maybe every 2-3 years. They want it dropped off when the material is there for the order, and picked up within a couple of days. You can do a rough search in your area and see how some one else reacts. check again if its still here in the spring when sales pick up, its in the top of the barn currently. I should be at the Supershow with a couple of GT's maybe we can arrange a pick up for the bubble there, or at Phil's (you were there once). Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars