Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

anything new

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

anything new

Postby chairman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 pm

well season is over. mine was dismal but in a way productive. will have more time next year to devote to the cause. are any new teams in the works? I have not yet decided what outfit to run, the kneeler or the big wheeler. in any case a roller could be forsale. so in any case I should try to get to the banquet if I have no hockey games out of town
chairman

Re: anything new

Postby tintop » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 pm

This doesn't effect anyone today, as we hardly see any P3's in VRRA, but.... ARHMA has changed their P3 engine rule according to a post on the SRA forum. In reply to an email inquiry the following reply "..yes, 4 strokes up to 1982, 750 to 1300cc any configuration. Tim" Kind of throws the door wide open. :shock:
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Postby Kyler » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm going to try to make a few more next year with my CSR P3. My rookie season was a bust. Literally! The fiberglass got shattered at the Quinte when I was "overtaken" and then at Mid-Ohio I blew the motor after the second practice and didn't even get to race.

But, back to your post, I'm thinking that rule was proposed by a KZ1300 owner :roll:
Ken Kyler
- '11 CSR P3 Sidecar w/ Suzuki GS1100 (#375)
Kyler

Postby tintop » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Not sure a KZ1300 would make a great sidecar engine Kyler. The only thing I can remember is it's liquid cooling would be good. Like the CBX, the six is wide and heavy, and the ZK was designed for touring with a shaft drive. The GPZ1100 would be the better choice. :wink: Basically the rule change will create an 'arms race', costs will go way up, and in the end likely not do anything to create bigger grids. They should have allowed the TZ750 while they were at it. At least that is a period correct engine that was actually used.
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Postby Kyler » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 am

I tend to agree. But since there are so few P3s in the East racing AHRMA, I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Ken Kyler
- '11 CSR P3 Sidecar w/ Suzuki GS1100 (#375)
Kyler

Return to Sidecars