Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Sidecar Swinger (as the Ausie's call them) Required

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Sidecar Swinger (as the Ausie's call them) Required

Postby tintop » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm

As things are finally starting to fall into place, thought I should post this now.

I have an open chair spot on my P2 rig, that needs filling before the 1st turn at the Shannonville school. :lol: As the subject says, I'm looking for a passenger / monkey / swinger. As I'm a rookie, my preference would be for someone with some experience, and large appendages (see rookie reference :wink: ). That said, sidecar is a team sport, so learning to work together is what it's all about. So a rookie with the 2nd qualification is also an acceptable option, 'edit' or very brave female (don't want to sound sexist).

The plan is to run both Shannonville events, Mosport, & given myself, the rig, and funding holds out Quebec. I'd also consider a US event(s), but not at the expense of using funds that would get the rig to the Quebec round.

Anyone interested can reply to this thread, by PM, or email. Any & all suggestions, help, funds greatfully accepted. :)

Brian
(provisionally #939)
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Re: Sidecar Swinger (as the Ausie's call them) Required

Postby tintop » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 pm

So as of tonight the chair has been filled. Having finally had a chance to meet in person, 'Hopper' will be refilling the same space he once occupied. :D :D :D
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Postby limy_1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Aah, so you are the one that pried the rig from Rob Verrier.
Good luck to the both of you in the up coming season.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Postby tintop » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks Rodger. While it was basically all there, it's been sitting for 3+ years. So as of now it's been stripped to the frame, and the engine is on the floor. Lots of little, and a couple of big things that need attention. As I'd like to get some seat time before the Quinte TT, plans is to have it ready for the April track day.
tintop
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars