Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

An introduction, and some newguy questions

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Re: An introduction, and some newguy questions

Postby tintop » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks Malcolm. I've spoken with Dave, and a space at the school is on hold, pending paper work.
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Postby Janyz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:42 am

Hi Brian,

Let me extend my own welcome to you. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.
I was wondering who you would be showcasing as your Passenger/Monkey?

I ask this because if they have not passengered before they would have to attend the Sidecar school as well. We like to ensure the passengers know when/how to move on the rig and more importantly, how to 'hang on' :D

Regards,
Jan
#457 Monkey
Janyz
VRRA Member

Postby tintop » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks for the welcome Jan.

It was the pictures of the #457 rig (your's :) ), taken at Mosport that helped sealed it for me, and start the hunt. They've also established the presentation / prep level I'll be shooting for. That said, my personal standard is pretty high to begin with. The picture is my 77 550/4 cafe. The frame / swingarm mods were done by Denis & Byron at CMR to my templates, and requests.

I've been holding off on a 'Monkey required' post, until I had the rig in hand. My preference would be for someone with experience, so I can concentrate on the driving side. If not, as you said, we'll both be required to attend the school. Well, we'll both need to be there either way, or that 1st turn will get very interesting. :D

Cheers,
Brian
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Previous

Return to Sidecars