Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Mosport

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Mosport

Postby chairman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:53 pm

this was one of the best weekends of racing I have enjoyed. I dont know why. probably because I like running brit bikes sic
chairman

Re: Mosport

Postby paul whittaker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 pm

some would call that masochism, but I understand and am glad. I have never wrenched as much in one week, as prior and during the last weekend. It paid off and we had a good run with a bike which went well during the race, even though two faster teams hit us out of the park. Thanks to all the US teams who traveled here to share the track, we look forward to seeing you again. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby limy_1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 am

Paul,
I seem to have heard you make this statement before....
paul whittaker wrote:I have never wrenched as much in one week, as prior and during the last weekend.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi Roger, normally I get what needs doing on my bike during the evenings, this last one I took two full days off work as well, often looking for parts, cleaning them before installation. Then at the track it was constant looking for the RPM breakdown, even after the race looking for a short which blew the fuse on the cool down, trying to be there for the spectator laps. So no never been this busy. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby chairman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 pm

I on the other hand, pondered over how I am going to get the old dog competitive. and no am not going to jump ship to yamaha. all these ideas and little cash, this will be interesting. flying the flag hurts
chairman

Postby gord » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Donny, you just need the quaiffe 5 speed,,,,,,lots of nice drifts,,,you guys rock!
life is a VIcious cycle
gord

Postby chairman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:41 pm

thanks for the comment Gord. 5 speed no kidding, but you are talking dollars I am talking pauper. have to go into the basement and see what treasures from the past I can dust off. have to make some of those Yamaha,s cry. my knurled pistons have almost cried enough, those poor quality gaskets we are subject to are now soggy. see you in Quebec
chairman

Postby limy_1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Hey Don,

I know for a fact that if you face the gasket areas you don't need any gasket material on Triumph race engines, just use the Locktite 545 (I think). I know someone who runs a solo 500. He is about 6'4" and 225 lbs. It is unbelievable that not only does he ring its neck but that he can tuck under the windscreen.

While you are in the basement see if you can dig up a couple extra days off for me so I can go to Quebec.
For that matter find a few for yourself so you can go to Barber in October. It is well worth it.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars