Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Whats a roller worth?

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Whats a roller worth?

Postby Dewey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Let's say a guy wanted to get into the chair thing and had a motor. What's a "good" starter chassis go for?

Paul
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Re: Whats a roller worth?

Postby limy_1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 pm

It depends on a lot of things.

Paul Whittaker can hook you up with plans for about $100 or a rolling chassis for around $3500 if I remember right.

Used rigs and chassis vary just like the used bike market. Look closely and you decide.
Running rigs purchased used with a proven history and spares can go for $4500 or less.

Keep your ear to the ground and inquire anytime you here a peep concerning rigs, they are out there somewhere.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Re: Whats a roller worth?

Postby paul whittaker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 am

Building a main frame and forks, to suit your motor with disc front and possibly drum rear. with hand holds, kneeler trays, fender and nose pan is about 3500. the variables are in the alloy rims v Harley rims, can you make your own exhaust system, do you want the platform covered etc; the finishing bits, wiring, cables, battery box, belly pan, etc take as much time as building the frame and forks. I recommend made to order shocks; NJB from Walridge but you can find used or low end shocks as an example. So to put a firm price on a roller is a rough guess until the lines are drawn. if interested call me after supper is the best time. 613-474-2941 It would be nice if some one else considered building these, I will have to quit some time. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars