Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

SPAM

Postby BANDIT » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey Paul, I noticed your other post....last resort. :roll: :roll:
Graham Charnock
VRRA #999
RACE #666
I'm the guy you (USED) to look over your shoulder at as you pass me down the long straights.
BANDIT
VRRA Member

Re: SPAM

Postby paul whittaker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 pm

but for tremendous self control, I would have resorted to your approved method. funny thing every time something gets improved it gets more complicated. I use the old front page as it saves me two moves when logging on, when you are on dial up that helps. Quote by Stevenson, "as in all things but especially so in mechanics, the supreme excellence is simplicity". Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby BANDIT » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Quote by Stevenson, "as in all things but especially so in mechanics, the supreme excellence is simplicity".

In laymans terms I believe that would be known as the "K.I.S.S." theorum,
"Keep It Simple Stupid"
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Graham Charnock
VRRA #999
RACE #666
I'm the guy you (USED) to look over your shoulder at as you pass me down the long straights.
BANDIT
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:50 am

KISS can lead to an attitude of no progress, Gas tank up in the air. where as simplicity can still be used to advance but in a way that does not add extra burden: gas tank goes into the fender where it provides ballast: Honda would add an electric pump, Joe would possibly add a fuel pressure regulator. Super Joe might use a cam lever operated car mechanical pump from a car driven off the suspension, with return line to the gas tank. IMO add a hole in the manifold and use a vacuum pump (no drain on the battery) with smaller float intake jets as in any? snowmoblie. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 pm

paul whittaker wrote:I use the old front page as it saves me two moves when logging on, when you are on dial up that helps.

Paul, simply copy and paste http://www.vrra.ca/board/ to your favorites and with one click you're there.

Mal
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars