Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

June 13-14 Festival of Sidecars

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

June 13-14 Festival of Sidecars

Postby paul whittaker » Sat May 29, 2010 7:00 am

forward from Jim Laura, please remember the vintage machines solo and sidecar can stay for the FIMevent on the Monday with the USCRA.

Hello to all, I got final confirmation from the track today of the schedule for the Loudon Classic June 11, 12, & 13th. Both Friday and Saturday we get a practice in the morning and we are the last race of the day. They are doing seperate practices and races for modern and vintage and will run one after the other with the modern bikes running first. On Sunday we get a practice in the morning and will be the first race of the day, either just before or just after lunch. Again, moderns first with vintage running right after. It will be a work out for those of us riding both! I need a list of everyone that is attending to have at the gate for admission. Please, as soon as possible send me your full names, race #, Class of sidecar, and how many will be arriving with you. Let me know if you will be riding in both modern and vintage class as well. Please try to keep free entries to a minimum, driver & passenger. If you have kids over 12 we can probably get them in as pit crew. Kids under 12 are free anyway. Teams where driver and passenger are from different families will be able to have at least 1 and maybe 2 get in with them (wife & kid) kind of thing. As long as I get you one the list soon we shouldn't have a problem getting everyone that is usually with us at the track in. This is a very busy event and space in the infield for parking and camping is very limited. There are several different clubs racing there for this event and they are all paying for racing, gate fees, and camping fees. We are the only ones not paying at least gate and camping fees. The track has agreed to give us an area of the paddock all together with power but they need to know how many are coming as soon as possible so they can alot enough room for us. Please let me know how many vehicles will be coming so they can give us enough places to park I would like to have this info to them by the first of the week if possible, PLEASE RESPOND SOON. Thank you all for your help. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Jim

I forgot to mention, please pass this along to anyone from other clubs that you may know of who will be attending. Again, thank you for all of your help. Jim
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Re: June 13-14 Festival of Sidecars

Postby paul whittaker » Sun May 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Contact for Jim "Luigi", is James Laura (aqital@hotmail.com) or phone 603-496-6021
No entry fee, no gate fee, no camping fee, VRRA/AHRMA/SRA lic accepted. No AMA lic needed since the track is providing event coverage. all you need is the travel insurance (see Ralf or credit union etc), can't get much better than that... Paul.
Last edited by paul whittaker on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby gary holden » Sun May 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Any good deals for a VRRA member who shows up on a street sidecar rig to spectate? Can he camp in with the racers?
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Sun May 30, 2010 8:56 pm

only if he was also one of the teams pit crew. how much of a misfit are you anyway?
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby gary holden » Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 am

Define "misfit". Me or the machine ?
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Mon May 31, 2010 1:49 pm

gary holden wrote:Define "misfit". Me or the machine ?

I would think in any case, both qualify. :lol:
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Mon May 31, 2010 4:14 pm

I suppose there are always exceptions. No idea if any other vintage rigs are going from this side of the border? I gave up trying to heard cats a year or so ago. if you know one of the SRA teams you might try there, but it has to be real quick. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars