Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Street sidecar outfit

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Street sidecar outfit

Postby Paul&Sharon Bowyer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 pm

I am looking for a street sidecar outfit, preferably running. Make not important, vintage or modern. Want something to drag the grandkids around in or a stuffed dog.
Paul
bowyer at xplornet.ca
Last edited by Paul&Sharon Bowyer on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Using too wide a brush usually leaves a mess for someone else to clean up.
Paul&Sharon Bowyer
VRRA Member

Postby ian bruce » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 am

If memory serves me right, there's someone down your neck of the woods with a Norton powered outfit, that would only require slight modifications to put back on the street.

I believe you already have his email.

I know I'll hear about this later, but how can I resist?

Ian
Last edited by ian bruce on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ian bruce
Site Admin

Email address

Postby Paul&Sharon Bowyer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Ian, I don't think my Norton outfit is exactly suitable for the road although it could be fun.
Would you please delete the part of your post that shows my email address in it's correct form to prevent scamming software from picking it up. Thanks Paul
Paul&Sharon Bowyer
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Paul, sure you could build one of these with some of that free labour around. Last known owner of this one was Don Wragg. very comfy would go well on a 500cc single, my dog really liked it. Paul.

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac21 ... hair08.jpg[img]
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

street sidecar

Postby Brent717 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Paul and Sharon, Brent717 here. I have a 77 RD400 project that is about 90% completed. The hack is a very cool early Velorex in excellent nick. My good friend JeanGuy at CSR Motorcycles fabbed the tricky stuff for me and mounted an RD wheel on the hack. The bike has new everything!!! plus another rolling basket. Gimme a shout if you are interested. Vintage trades welcomed. Cheers, Brent717
Brent717
VRRA Member

Re: Street sidedcar outfit

Postby Paul&Sharon Bowyer » Wed May 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Paul and Sharon Bowyer wrote:I am looking for a street sidecar outfit, preferably running. Make not important, vintage or modern. Want something to drag the grandkids around in or a stuffed dog.
Paul
bowyer at xplornet.ca

bump
Paul&Sharon Bowyer
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 am

Hi Paul, there is a street chair buff not far from here north of Bellville known as 'pork chop' whom I have never been able to contact. Mike and Linda Willis would have his info, so likely would Brian Brama. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby BrianB » Thu May 13, 2010 6:27 am

Hi Paul,
I am selling our Honda Goldwing with a Datona 2+2 sidecar. If you give me a couple days to take some pictures, I will send some to you. This rig was out at Mosport last year (NOT on the track!) Annette came out with the kids to watch us race.
Thanks
Brian
BrianB

Postby Paul&Sharon Bowyer » Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Brian, please send to bowyer at eagle dot ca.
What year is the wing Brian? Might be on the extra huge size but I would like to see the images.

[ote="BrianB"]Hi Paul,
I am selling our Honda Goldwing with a Datona 2+2 sidecar. If you give me a couple days to take some pictures, I will send some to you. This rig was out at Mosport last year (NOT on the track!) Annette came out with the kids to watch us race.
Thanks
Brian[/quote]
Paul&Sharon Bowyer
VRRA Member

Postby johnw » Fri May 21, 2010 10:31 am

Paul, I am riding little kids around Ottawa these days with my Jawa outfit: You certainly should have those grandkids in one. It'll be the best couple grand you spend. Avon makes a great 19 inch sidecar tire for the front of the XS, Triple duty Mark III. Metzler makes a 18" Block K sidecar tire for the rear. Lower the gearing, grab a cheap steering damper and you are good to go.

I'm on the lookout for you. Here is one for $900. Looks turnkey to me.

http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-motorcycle-parts-accessories-SIDECAR-W0QQAdIdZ201000362

John Wilson
johnw

Return to Sidecars