Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Invitation

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Invitation

Postby Steve F » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 am

FESTIVAL OF SIDECARS
INVITATION TO ALL SIDECAR RACERS

The New Hampshire Motor Speedway and the Sidecar Racers Association – East would like to extend an invitation to all sidecar racers to participate in the Sidecar Racers Association (first) Annual Festival of Sidecars.
The New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) has agreed to annually host the Sidecar Racers Association Annual Festival of Sidecars as a “feature event” of the Annual Loudon Classic beginning in 2010 at the, “87th Annual Loudon Classic” at NHMS.
The Sidecar Racers Association Annual Festival of Sidecars is an SRA-East event. This event is an open invitation from the SRA and NHMS to all Sidecar Racers, from all club affiliations, in all classes (F-I, F-II, & all classes of Vintage Sidecars), to come to NHMS and participate annually, free of charge, for the Annual Loudon Classic featuring the Sidecar Racers Association Annual Festival of Sidecars.
The Sidecar Racers Association Annual Festival of Sidecars shall be an annual “feature event” of the Loudon Classic for future years to come until either the Sidecar Racers Association - East or New Hampshire Motor Speedway elects to cancel their Agreement. This will be the first time Modern Sidecars have competed at NHMS since 1998.
Under that Agreement for 2010 F-I & F-II teams will be allotted at least one (1) 15 to 20 minute practice and at least one (1) eight (8) lap race on Friday June 11th, Saturday June 12th, and Sunday June 13th.

Under that Agreement for 2010 all Vintage Class Sidecars will be allotted at least, one (1) 15 to 20 minute practice and at least one (1) eight (8) lap race on Sunday June 13, 2010 the feature day of the Annual Loudon Classic. (All Practice and Race times are to be determined and announced and are subject to change).
It is the intention of the SRA-East (hopefully for 2011), to expand the track time for Vintage Class Sidecars in future years. NHMS has the final say on what track times would be allotted for what races and for their own reasons over the objection of the SRA, Vintage Sidecars were not allotted equal time as the Modern Sidecars in 2010. All Sidecar Teams (Modern and Vintage) are welcome and invited to attend all three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 11, 12, & 13th) of the Annual Loudon Classic at the NHMS facilities.
It is well known that for many years there have been mixed opinions, for and against, modern and vintage Sidecars racing together. For that reason and to eliminate any confusion, let it be known now, that there will be SEPARATE RACES ON SUNDAY JUNE 13, 2010 FOR MODERN AND VINTAGE SIDECARS AT THE 2010 LOUDON CLASSIC.
However, practices for both modern and vintage Sidecars on Sunday June 13, 2010 will be combined. This means that you will have two (2) practices instead of one (1) and each practice will have both modern and Vintage Sidecars on the track at the same time.
Together NHMS and the SRA-East welcome and invite ALL Sidecar Racers to come to New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon New Hampshire and compete, free of charge, in the 87th Annual Loudon Classic featuring the Sidecar Racers Association Annual Festival of Sidecars. Further details will be posted as they become available.
If anyone has any questions or concerns they may contact Jim Laura SRA –East #244 at 603-227-9700.
Steve F.
Steve F

Postby Malcolm Lake » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks for the invitation Steve! Unfortunately I only get 4 weekends off during the racing season and Jan and I have dedicated those to the VRRA series. Hopefully we'll be able to wrangle a vacation around your weekend in the not too distant future, but it won't be this year.

Cheers!

Mal
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby Steve F » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Mal

That's too bad, hopefully we'll see you there next year!.

I see you live in Burlington, ON. I live one street north of Clappisons Corners, just off of Hwy 6. If you feel like a beer or talking sidecars one weekend, please pop up. My cell is 905-977-8795.

Cheers.
Steve F.
Steve F

Festival of Sidecars

Postby haybale98 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Dont forget also that monday after the sidecar festival is the USCRA FIM races.
marcus #98
haybale98

Postby paul whittaker » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi Marcus, don't forget also this is the monsoon season in New Hampshire, wear your rain tires. We hope to make it for the May race anyway. Do you have a rig yet? Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby ian bruce » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Not sure if Sandra and I can make it, IF my memory is correct, that is the weekend of her college graduation. Kind of important for her, and the family.

If it is not, we'll see what we can do.

What will be the license requirements? AMA membership, as in the past when the event was run by/with the USCRA?

For those who do plan to make the trek, how will they register?

As Paul pointed out, it is quite often rainy that weekend, with very interesting puddles. But rain is better than snow, and that we have seen in May!

Ian
ian bruce
Site Admin

Postby Cor-Blimey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Ian,

Jim Laura fine tuned this race and I think that he is away in New Zealand for 1 month.

Contact Steve Fletcher for this information at sidecar-steve@hotmail.com

Hope to see you there !

Mick Boyle
Cor-Blimey

Return to Sidecars