Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

SRA Invitation to race for the last race of the season !!!!!

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

SRA Invitation to race for the last race of the season !!!!!

Postby Cor-Blimey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Guys,

On behalf of Steve Fletcher - SRA President ……

It is a shame that you're not able to race at Shannonville for the Sept 25/26/27 end of season event. A bunch of us were looking forward to seeing the vintage bikes race.

HOWEVER we would like to invite all VRRA sidecar racers to join us and race with the SRA for this event. It hasn't happened since 2007 and that was a good end of season race.

We do not have a vintage class so you will have to be classed as F2 bikes for this event.

We will also be having our end of season BBQ / Pot Luck party on the Saturday evening so please bring something along if you can join us. Jim Laura (Luigi) will probably have his guitar out so you can expect a great on & off track experience from Jim and a crappy Karaoke session from me.

Please contact Steve Fletcher @ 1 (905) 977-8795 or email me at mickboyle@rogers.com if you can attend either or both days.

Mick

KazmiK Racing
007 --- Shelbourne F2
Cor-Blimey

Postby Malcolm Lake » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks to the SRA for the invitation! Unfortunately my window of opportunity has passed as I have to give a lot of notice to get time off and I work weekends. Therefore, as much as Jan and I would love to get out there, we have to decline.

Thanks again!

Malcolm
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby ian bruce » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Thanks for the invite, but I too, will have to pass this time. The nerve of people having a wedding on a race weekend! And it's not even mine!

We'll hook up one of these days.

Ian
ian bruce
Site Admin

Postby paul whittaker » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:54 pm

thank you for reaching out, when the first suggestion fell through I opted to do the Brighton "Applefest" display next weekend with our local CVMG section. I would like to do a second round at SMP for several reasons but still have reservations about encouraging P1-2 to race together with F1-2. Never say never. thanks again, Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars