Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

last RACE round

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

last RACE round

Postby paul whittaker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 am

it may be possible to arrange a vintage sidecar race at the last SMP round, I believe this is on the Pro track, 26-27 Sept if enough rigs will commit to being there. Any takers ?
613-474-2941 or e-mail soon as poss. thanks Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby ian bruce » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Pencil the Bruces in.

This will get me in some hot water, a close friend of ours is getting married that weekend, and they made sure that their date would not interfere with our racing.

What kind of numbers are needed to make this happen?

Whittakers
Bruces

Who else?

Ian
ian bruce
Site Admin

Postby Janyz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Paul,
As we stated at Mosport on Sunday past, the Lake's rig will be there should the event take place.

If possible, can you let us know as soon as possible if it's a go, as our attendance is dependant on some creative logistics of rescheduling work and bringing a babysitter for Mr. Whiskey.

Ian - I understood that Chris is looking for 6 rigs for us to be able to partake, so it sounds like we are 1/2 way there.

Cheers!
Jan
Janyz
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 pm

No word back yet from Chris, he will be busy all weekend I am sure. I will call him on Tuesday. So far we have two positive, 1 at risk of family meltdown and 1 iffy dependent on repairs. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi all, sorry its a no go for this year, Chris did suggest an early discusion for next season if we want to do it next year.

Hi Paul, an interesting thought; however it would be impossible to fit in another class for the last event. We have a really full schedule already. The SRA are joining us, the CBR Cup and a double header for the WCC as well, makes for a tight schedule.

Good news is Ian's family may not disown him immediately. Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

CVMG Track Day

Postby parillaguy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:34 am

How about contacting the CVMG and going to their Sept Track Day at Cayuga? Great group of guys, vintage friendly and a pretty good track. :wink:

parillaguy
parillaguy
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks for trying Paul! Perhaps we can get commitments from enough of the group earlier in the year to make it happen in 2010.

Cheers!

Mal
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars