Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Mosport Mayham

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Mosport Mayham

Postby limy_1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:10 am

Everyone I talked to in the sidecar races, even those who didn't want to do a complete race 8) seemed to have a great time.

There was a lot of very close and good racing through out the field.
This not only made it exciting for the spectators but for me as well.

For those that didn't see or hear what happened to Rabbie & Christina, well
they grenaded the engine. We are talking breaking the cases in half.
This was spectacular to see from on track being that they had just put out the fire on their rig when three of us car driving around that turn and had to close our eyes and hope to go thru the extinguisher dust not knowing what was really there.

I am glad that the Ladies will all be fine and back to race another day.
For the men, it is time to lick your wounds and get ready for the next match up.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

thanks

Postby Ralf Scholtes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks to all for a fun weekend. Special thanks to Peter and Denise for missing Amy after her get off. Denise, I hope the ankle heals quickly.
Amy is in good spirits and looks to be on the road to recovery.
Thanks to Hopper for boldly stepping up to the plate and doing a great job in the chair.
To the rest of the teams, all I can say is wow. The racing is really getting good. From everyone I spoke to, they loved the great show we put on.
Work hard, play harder
Ralf Scholtes
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:33 am

It was a terrific time!

Once again, thanks to our fellow competitors and their friends, plus our friends (you all know who you are :) ) who came to the rescue by welding a cracked frame on Friday and fixing a wheel that had lost 7 spokes on Sunday. Obviously I am still learning about sidecar upkeep but I'll get there. I don't know of any other sport where help is so readily given and with a smile to boot! We don't know how to repay you except by being there for you as well.

Heal quickly everyone and we're looking forward to seeing you at North Bay!

Mal and Jan
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby bfd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:18 am

Malcolm
Was that a rear wheel? I was going to mention to you it needs a truing- I had to stare at it driving away from me lap after lap to see the wobble!
You guys have a strong machine there
bfd
bfd

sidecar race images

Postby Paul&Sharon Bowyer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:18 am

Sharon captured some nice images of the sidecars on the front straight and other great pit images (including grenaded engine) of rigs. We are on dail-up so posting for us is a major chore. We could load some on disc and pass them on to someone with highspeed to post. We would like to put all of her Mosport images on the site including pit images. Any volunteers?
Paul
Using too wide a brush usually leaves a mess for someone else to clean up.
Paul&Sharon Bowyer
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm

It was the rear wheel and I'm going to get it all fixed up properly. I think the breaking of the spokes contributed and we just made sure it would all hang together for the final.

Thanks!

Mal
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby paul whittaker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Having had Ian/Sandra lead us around on Saturday with Rabbie/Christina switching places with Marie and I, we expected Sunday to be at least a three way race. Replacing the un-screwed choke body which had caused some power loss on #4 Sat seemed to restore the motor to normal during the morning practice. The race quickly turned into a lead swapping match: we passed the bumble bee going into 2 they pass us on 2 we pass them between 3 and 4 they pass us on 4 we close or pass going up the chute etc. You can only run this close if both teams have confidence in each other. by the last lap we were lagging some what due to the motor braking up around 5000 and almost quitting on the fast sweepers, I expect to find a fuel problem some where. We would have been happy with second place, and certainly had mixed feelings at the sight of flames coming from the Beemer. In case anyone missed it Christina flew in from the UK just for this race. A side note, the pristine Vincent of Pete and Denise Talabach has been 6 years in production. The also pristine BMW's of David Percival and Ossie Auer who displayed a line up including two Rensport's sidecars are pure history Thanks once again to all the teams who made the effort to be there. Paul and Marie
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby The Flying Fossil » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 pm

I watched Sundays race between 9 and 10 - wow, now I know why they are called slidecars - thanks for the spectacle.

Les.
The Flying Fossil
The Flying Fossil
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars