Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

P3 sidecar

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

P3 sidecar

Postby Darrell 2Stroke » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:00 pm

I picked up a 1978 GS1000 motor with low milage and I'm thinking of building a sidecar with it. Does anybody know where I can find blueprints to build the car as I've never built one before. I'd appreciate any assistance. I'm currently racing at Atlantic Motorsport Park with vintage superbikes.
Darrell
Darrell 2Stroke

sidecar

Postby chairman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:15 pm

look me up
chairman

p3 sidecar

Postby gord » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm

the rules were changed last year restricting engine size to 900 cc thereby EXCLUDING all big bores(kawi Z'd, Gs 1000's etc) resulting in the stagnation we see now,flame away... I have P3 trophys from a now illegal P3 machine(kz 1000) Yes I know, put a rule change proposal in
life is a VIcious cycle
gord

Postby paul whittaker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:45 pm

slow day Gord? my memory is going the way of my hearing but I do not remember a heard of P3 machines running prior to the rule change. I do remember a GT750 out a couple of times and that fits within the rules.
Since the SRA has canned the big bore short bikes most of them have fitted 600cc modern motors, so not sure where all these prospective teams are hiding. If they can change motors for the SRA surly they can do it for the VRRA, since you can't run the same set up in both clubs.'
The rule change was introduced due to the fact that we all run together. Name another class where the fastest/biggest bike runs with the slowest/smallest machine?
350cc Yamaha (a couple in the USCRA) running with KZ1100.
If the numbers were there, perhaps we could ask for a second race, as is I would be embarrassed.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars