Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Help this guy out with his vintage rig

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Help this guy out with his vintage rig

Postby Paul Boyd » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Help this guy out with his vintage rig.
He posted on the SRA site.
Paul you must know who he is looking for.
Cheers
Paul

Santa Ernest

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm Post subject: Help locate "Rocket Bob" Oliver and builder BNC of

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appreciate your help finding an old racer, Rocket Bob Oliver formerly of Bath, Maine......and also trying to find a racing sidecar builder(now out of business) called BNC from the Boston,Mass area.

My charity, www.Santa-America.org, just bought a late 90's built, 95% complete vintage racer on eBay that was originally built for...but never delivered to Rocket Bob. The builder, BNC? apparently built 8 or these rigs in total.....ours has a XS650 Yamaha engine w/o carbs. The rig was never raced and has been stored for 8-9 years in new condition. We want to finish it in time for October Vintage Weekend at Barber's here in Alabama and race it to raise awareness of Santa America.

Any help in connecting with Bob Oliver or the builder or racers who have one of the other 7 chassis, built by BNC, will really be appreciated. Many thanks, Santa Ernest 251-626-6609

All my bikes are vintage.
But not when I bought them?
Paul Boyd

Postby paul whittaker » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Hello Santa, there are a couple of DCM rigs running in the USCRA, also DOM (some times used as a joke "dirty old man") but I have no background on BNC USCRA would certainly be more likely to know than VRRA people. I will drop a couple of e-mails and see what terns up. Thanks, Paul for the lead.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars