Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion

*REVISED 2023 Season Points

Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

*REVISED 2023 Season Points

Postby Brian Stevenson » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:32 am

I've updated the season points totals.

You will notice some changes. I removed the total point table as that simply reflected who entered the most classes. I think it was pretty much useless data.

A Performance Index that determines the best rider in the club is probably better. That's what I did for the North American Porsche series and there will be a refined version of that going into the new British Superbike registration, gridding and scoring system that I'm writing for 2024. Let me know your thoughts on that. I can reuse some of the code. It will even let you compare key data points for up to 5 riders.

When I ran the initial set of results I actually felt really, really bad as people lost points and positions in the overall standings and in many cases were actually pushed out of the points.

What I ended up doing was I just disqualified myself.

When I ran the numbers again it 98% preserved peoples points and positions at year end, so I feel so much better about this.

Unfortunately, I disqualified myself in all classes including endurance, but I just can’t be bothered running it again. I put together a list and sent it to Michale Vinton at to why my bikes may not be legal as justification.

There is also one issue I know of where Alan Burns got credited with some of Marc Reumes passenger points but I lost the email from Michael Vinton and I can remember what to change

Unfortunately, its IBC this week and I’m up to my neck in customer meetings and I have a Presentation and 2 Panels so I’ve asked the CC or Tech Chair to run a simple command against the web site to reorder and make the stuff visible again. It has to be run on something with an 8086 architecture (Windows or Old Mac’s). I do have my Mac with me but it has the new M1Max processor. It'a a completely different instruction set

When its visible – it should be now - please let me know if you have issues.

HOWEVER, BEFORE YOU SEND ME MAILS AND PRIVATE MESSAGES REMEMBER…

I don’t get paid for this. I’m a volunteer.

PLEASE SHOW AT LEAST A LITTLE RESPECT AND TONE DOWN THE COLOR COMMENTARY.

That’s probably the primary reason why SOAR is so appealing as that left a really bad taste in my mouth. I simply did what I was told based on the 2023 rule book. I can post the email thread if you want to read it yourself. I did not deserve that.

Like I said, all you have to do is ask me nicely.

I just had a PM about some lap record changes. It was very polite, nicely written, well thought out and contained actual facts that the person had researched before putting fingers on a key board. It was a pleasure to open. Thank you for that if you are reading this.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Re: *REVISED 2023 Season Points

Postby Glenn Holdbrook#129 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Thanks Brian, really appreciate all the effort you put into this!
Glenn Holdbrook#129

Postby asebards » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:13 pm

Some people don't know the time and effort that volunteers like yourself, starting crew, souvenirs, volunteer coordinator, registration, endurance team, tech, up to the executives do for the club. And I'm not only talking about at the track that people see but how much time goes into it away from the track. If it wasn't for you people doing those jobs, we wouldn't have a club. I appreciate your time and effort you do and you are doing a stellar job. I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way.

Thanks Rick Edwards
Rick Edwards
CB550 #513
asebards
VRRA Member

Postby Brian Stevenson » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 am

I'm trying to get the sidecar passengers sorted out.

I don't know Jason Fitch, Marc Rheaume or Alan Burns but maybe if someone knows them they could have them contact me.

The current information I have is that...

Alan was Jason's Passenger for Round 1 and Round 2.
Marc was Jason's passenger for Round 3
Jason didn't race for round 4 (I can see this in Mylaps) so therefore Alan or Marc didn't passenger at all.

Therefore...

Alan should be credited with 2 second places for the TT and 2 forth places for Calabogie
Marc should be credited with a 5th and a 3rd for Mosport.
Neither get points for the last round.

Again, this is the latest information I have been supplied with so if its incorrect I would be more than happy to address it.

Maybe passengers should have transponders.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby Pascal B. » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:32 pm

Thank you Brian.

I used to work IT for a big website and I know just how much work goes into both the forum and the website. Your contribution is underappreciated.
Pascal Blanchette

1975 T500
Pascal B.

Postby Michael Vinten » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:37 pm

One day we will have a registration program that includes passenger names with each sidecar entry, something we had with our own database before Series tracker!

Round 1 Marc Rheaume was passenger for Jason Fitch, second in heat and final - 29 points
Round 2 Alan Burns was Jason's passenger, fourth in heat and final - 20 points
Round 3 Marc Rheaume was passenger for Jason Fitch after Alan was injured on Friday, fifth in heat and third in final - 22 points
Round 4 Marc Rheaume was passenger for Tim Sauder who drove the sidecar, third in both races - 25 points

Season total for Marc Rheaume should be 76
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby Brian Stevenson » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:23 pm

Thanks.

This may seem obvious and there is maybe a reason why you can't do it but could you not use the teams feature in Raceday to track sidecar teams?

It works fine for 2 person endurance teams. I'm not sure if there is something unique about a sidecar or if the software allows you to be a member of an endurance team and sidecar team at once.

Its worth checking into
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby Brian Stevenson » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Hopefully this is it.

Kirby, Can you please run your eye over endurance to make sure i didn't mess it up although it looks fine to me

The side car passenger stuff has been updated

We are now on version 11 of the program :shock:

I need to spend 20 minutes just manually checking it but its 5:00 am here so I have to lie down for a bit but feel free to send an email if you spot an issue. My PM box is full and I'm scared to open it.

Once again, I really want to apologise to all those who lost points and positions. I did take disqualifications but there still wasn't enough points to go around. I am really sorry. Beer, Coffee, Donuts whatever you want. I'll make it up to you. Stand on me.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby kirbster » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:48 pm

Will look over endurance results this evening.
Thanks for all you efforts Brian.
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Postby kirbster » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Endurance results are correct.
Thank you!
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Postby aburns113 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:24 am

Michael Vinten wrote:One day we will have a registration program that includes passenger names with each sidecar entry, something we had with our own database before Series tracker!

Round 1 Marc Rheaume was passenger for Jason Fitch, second in heat and final - 29 points
Round 2 Alan Burns was Jason's passenger, fourth in heat and final - 20 points
Round 3 Marc Rheaume was passenger for Jason Fitch after Alan was injured on Friday, fifth in heat and third in final - 22 points
Round 4 Marc Rheaume was passenger for Tim Sauder who drove the sidecar, third in both races - 25 points

Season total for Marc Rheaume should be 76

Thanks for getting that Sorted out. I saw at one point that I had been given Marcs points from Mosport and then I proceeded to forget to mention it to anyone
Alan Burns
Team Shoulder Check 2.0
2020, 2021, 2022 Modern Lightweight Endurance Champions
http://www.facebook.com/adbracing
aburns113

Return to General Discussion