Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion

Gulf Fuel and GP Bikes

Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Gulf Fuel and GP Bikes

Postby Brian Stevenson » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:50 am

I need 102+ octane non-ethanol gas for those stupid two strokes I run and have always found it hard to get. Unfortunately all pump gas has ethanol now which is death to a 2 stroke as it just eats away the crank seals.

I just found out that GP Bikes in Whitby are now stocking the full range of Gulf fuels and I was able to pick up 2 cans of 112 from their store this week. Its a great option for anyone who lives in the East End. Talk to Tom. He runs their parts counter.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with either of these companies, but I just found it to be very convenient.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Re: Gulf Fuel and GP Bikes

Postby TimV » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:03 am

Brian, there are at least 4 VRRA members who sell and would bring that fuel to the track for you. Supporting your local bike shop isn't a bad thing either.
Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Postby Pascal B. » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:20 pm

Also, Canadian Tire 91 summer blend does not contain any ethanol. I was able to confirm this with them after quite a while on the phone.
Pascal Blanchette

1975 T500
Pascal B.

Postby Brian Stevenson » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:25 pm

Thats really interesting as last year when Shell had non ethanol I cut the 112 with it around 30%.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby The Flying Fossil » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:36 am

Just for the record, I ran my '82 TZ for 30 years on Sunoco 93 unleaded and then Petrocanada's version both of which could contain ethanol with no ill effects. So even if some ethanol makes it into your motors, you should be safe.

Les.
The Flying Fossil
The Flying Fossil
VRRA Member

Postby roughride mc » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:36 am

I would not believe that information about CTC fuel still containing ethanol, regardless of who you were speaking to at head office. As of 2023 it is Canadian Law that ALL gas sold at retail HAVE ETHANOL . Last year 2022 was the last year that some allowance was still granted.
Some older pumps have not had their stickers updated, but I find it VERY doubtful that ANY Canadian gas station is able to get NON Ethanol fuels from ANY of their distibutors. Going to the high Octaine brands no longer is a solution as they all now MUST BY LAW as of 2023 Contain 10% Ethanol.
roughride mc

Postby gary holden » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:42 pm

As of Wed. Aug.9 I can confirm that Ultramar Supreme sold in Saint Isidore Ontario has no ethanol in it because I tested it (it ain't rocket science).

The Ultramar website now states:
"We follow Canada's Clean Fuel Standards (Federal and Provincial regulations) and are pleased to offer our customers lower-carbon fuel options where available. Ultramar gasolines may contain up to 10% ethanol."
Does "lower- carbon fuel options" mean "containing ethanol" ?

In May 2023 their website stated:
"Do we add ethanol to our Ultramar gasoline?
We follow Canada's Clean Fuel Standards (Federal and Provincial regulations) and are pleased to offer our customers lower-carbon fuel options where available. All Ultramar service stations sell 87 Octane fuel, which contains up to 10% ethanol, except in Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and the Quebec City region, where 87 Octane fuel is still ethanol-free. For 91 Octane fuel, all regions have up to 10% ethanol content except for the Provinces of Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and New Brunswick, where 91 Octane fuel is still ethanol-free. We indicate on the pump or by the grade selectors if the gasoline does not contain ethanol or contains up to 10% ethanol." Fuel produced at their refinery in Levis, I guess.

I'll keep testing my local Ultramar Premium and post the results.
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Return to General Discussion