Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion

Spectaor Question For VRRC 2023

Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Spectaor Question For VRRC 2023

Postby Georgos » Wed May 03, 2023 6:10 pm

I’m planning on visiting a family friend in Hamilton sometime in 2023 and hopefully
timing the trip to coincide with one of the VRRC events. I’m living in Vancouver area
and still suffering from the loss of our beloved Westwood Mountain High Circuit of the
past. Just wanted to find out what kind of a spectator experience is available at CTMP,
or if one of the other tracks is better in some way that would justify travelling the the
additional distance from Hamilton. For example at CTMP, do you reserve grand stand
seats and if so, what are the best corners ? Can you walk about in the infield of track for
different vantage points ?
Most importantly, is pit access available to view bikes up close and talk to riders ?
When do the actual schedules for each day of events get published ?
Thanks for any comments or advice.
Georgos

Re: Spectaor Question For VRRC 2023

Postby TimV » Wed May 03, 2023 10:39 pm

Georgos wrote:I’m planning on visiting a family friend in Hamilton sometime in 2023 and hopefully
timing the trip to coincide with one of the VRRC events. I’m living in Vancouver area
and still suffering from the loss of our beloved Westwood Mountain High Circuit of the
past. Just wanted to find out what kind of a spectator experience is available at CTMP,
or if one of the other tracks is better in some way that would justify travelling the the
additional distance from Hamilton. For example at CTMP, do you reserve grand stand
seats and if so, what are the best corners ? Can you walk about in the infield of track for
different vantage points ?

Calabogie does not offer the best views for spectators. You cannot get to the whole track. Just the last few corners and the first couple. If you're into racing, it's still great to watch, but it's more of a driver's/rider's track. SMP(Shannonville), all but one corner can be seen from the stands. CTMP(Mosport) can be viewed from pretty much any corner, and you're walking/riding/driving to them. Bring a chair. Camping and seating is first come/first serve.

Georgos wrote: Most importantly, is pit access available to view bikes up close and talk to riders ?

Yes, absolutely!

Georgos wrote:When do the actual schedules for each day of events get published ?

Usually the week of the race.
Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Re: Spectaor Question For VRRC 2023

Postby Georgos » Sun May 28, 2023 1:58 pm

Hi Tim,

Thank-you very much for the info. If I am lucky enough to
be around on one of the weekends when racing is on, I'll
make a point of attending, hopefully Mossport as I recall it
from many years ago. georgos
Georgos

Return to General Discussion