Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion


Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten


Postby The Flying Fossil » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Here's a radical thought.

If we don't "belly up to the bar" on this one then it's probably over for the VRRA. So, lets go ahead regardless, empty the coffers to cover the costs and go out in style!


The Flying Fossil
User avatar
The Flying Fossil
VRRA Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Mosport

Postby TimV » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:03 pm

I agree with Les!

I'm not ready yet, but I will be. I just signed up for a third bike too.

Let's do this.

Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
User avatar
VRRA Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: Northern Ontario

Re: Mosport

Postby MGill » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:55 pm

I just today started resigning myself to the fact it’s not going to happen.
Borders closed indefinitely etc etc etc.
Must say I’m with Les and Tim on this, although I don’t believe we will go out with a bang.
I believe if we run it, people will come and it will be a success.
We’ve never EVER had more than 60% registered 5 weeks in advance.
Let’s bite the collective bullet and do this.

I will also be entering 2 more classes, but not by Friday
#39 BMW
Member #1336
VRRA Member
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:41 am
Location: Sarnia,ON

Re: Mosport

Postby Colin Duncan » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 am

Given the turn outs I have seen at two track events this year so far, I would say people are itching to ride, just shy about committing.

Sold out on June 12th with a long waiting list apparently.
40+ showed up last night.

I am concerned that Les is speaking the truth.

I was for cancelling our first round, thought the same for the second due to the expenses involved running Calabogie and QC/ON border issues. For CTMP, I'm in for "run it, they will come!" Undoubtedly a loss will be seen by the club, but let's keep the club moving. I heard on CBC radio this morning that the US/CDN border may be opening soon!?!?

Overall, it's up to the Exec's to deem what is acceptable for the club.

The members need to step up and take the decision out of the Exec's hands.

Better to bodge and ride, than polish and hide!
User avatar
Colin Duncan
VRRA Executive
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:30 am
Location: Brighton

Re: Mosport

Postby kirbster » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks Colin.
Yes, this year we wanted to give the members the opportunity to decide if we would run or not.
I count 225 current racing memberships.

We are at 92 registered this morning.

Those that have registered appear to be spending a bit above average, and that’s helping.

I’m hoping we can push through and the usual last minute people will shake off the dust and come out.

I will say this though-

As a first round - I’m not a huge fan of Mosport. Errors here are more costly than other tracks (both in dollars and injuries).

So it’s important to all members to remember to take it easy and warm up slowly. Better yet- get a track day in somewhere. Not just the newbies- but all members. It’s been a while.
There will be dust and cobwebs. Remove them slowly and cautiously.
Make sure the machines get a thorough once over. And a light polish to finish.

We should be able to do this.

And we in future need to belly up a bit sooner.
Online registration is a double edged sword and the ease of use means it tends to be put off.

Let’s allow some of the executive - who have worked just as hard- if not harder- to breathe a little easier, sleep a little better. And maybe some of this grey will grow out ? ;-)

Volunteers- get your names in too. You are a major part of this puzzle.
And we need all the pieces to make the club whole again.
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
User avatar
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest