Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion

Battle of the Twins Race at Calabogie

Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Re: Battle of the Twins Race at Calabogie

Postby darlington » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:32 pm

Lots of fun for the modern lightweight not so much for the KZ 440 person. Lightweights already have a race, they aren't even vintage,Its a vintage club or suppose to be.
I specialize in Kawasaki air cooled 4 strokes from the seventies and early eighties 550-1100 .I also network with others and can search for parts on your behalf .
darlington
VRRA Member

Postby stevebem » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:38 am

I'm open minded regarding the BOTT at Calabogie and the reality is that it is a fill-in for the cancelled Ducati Owners Club of Canada (DOCC) race.

DOCC's invite was a decent idea to bring needed money into our club at the Summer Classic, but the proposed rider licensing and machine safety concessions were flawed and the "invitational" fell through.

So a generous BOTT entry list could make up for (surpass?) that desired revenue.

In a pure sense, the mix of Periods and capacities stratifies things but we already see that sometimes in the VRRA. I agree with Ravo that the participants will be having fun with their extra track time. If feedback is generally positive after the weekend (and it generates enough bucks), maybe it could be repeated at other weekends that have a free spot in the schedule?

IMHO. lol
Last edited by stevebem on Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
#413. Steve Bem
Pre65 CB72
P2 MWT CB400f
P3 LWT GpZ 550
stevebem

Postby Dewey » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:58 am

The RC is entered with a fat old guy in the saddle. 8)
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby Brian Stevenson » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:56 am

Dewey wrote:The RC is entered with a fat old guy in the saddle. 8)

:D
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby Brian Stevenson » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:59 am

I really like the idea of a BOTT race and am wondering if its something that could flushed out to make it more permanent and have a well defined structure around it. Other vintage clubs have a similar race.

Maybe some though could be put into it before the AGM? Happy to help out
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby livetoride21 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:11 am

Ravo74 wrote:
darlington wrote:I initially liked the idea of a battle of the twins race but having reviewed the eligible motorcycles it doesn't make sense to me. A modern 300 vs a 1981 KZ 440 , no comparison. IMHO this race should be limited to P4.A better match would be a 87' CBX 250 VS a cb 450 or KZ 440.

I think the idea here is to make this as inclusive as possible. This is no one's primary class - it's simply more racing, and more fun.

Will my 650 Hawk be competitive in Middleweight against Ducati 748s? Not a chance. However, I'm looking forward to beating all my buddies with Hawks! ;)

Unfortunately this sounds like more practice time not a real race. Potentially unsafe practice time at that.

At least the bikes will sound good on track.
Kevin Renshaw #916
livetoride21

Postby bones78 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:04 pm

Quick Question - is the 1100 cc limit firm ? As it does exclude the BMW air cooled twins, that are able to run in ARHMA ?
Asking for a friend :wink:

Steve Walker
2006 BMW R1200S
bones78

Previous

Return to General Discussion